Saturday, April 4, 2009

I got nothin'

It's frustrating. I walk around the neighborhood, and other people have blooming daffodils. I have no blooming daffodils. I have no blooming anything. Ok, I exaggerate, there's a crocus in the back that's blooming. And the hellibore "christmas rose", which is actually very nice and is doing surprisingly well, especially since I do nothing for it and I think Enzo pees on it all the time. Probably the stray cats too.

Yes, things have leaves -- the hydrangeas, the flowering quince. And the tulip bulbs are half out of the ground. But there's nothing that looks even remotely imminent.

I KNOW I planted early blooming bulbs. I think daffodils even. Narcissus definitely. Where the heck are they? It makes me mad.

Note to self. Next year, the earliest early early bulbs possible. Who cares if they're something kind of dumb like crocuses (crocii?). By this time, you NEED them.

I don't even have pictures, since Steve took the camera to work and there it seems to be stuck.

1 comment:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

No worries, you'll get some blooms soon. I'm glad you started posting again. As nice as your tree was, it was kind of depressing to see it over and over as I checked in. ;)