Monday, April 21, 2008

is this really going to turn into a lawn?


Remember the balding lawn?
So I tilled. Alas, there are no pictures of the tilling itself, which was a hilarious process of getting a big thing from Home Depot (approx 45 minutes), bringing it home in the Fit (approx 25 minutes), getting it into the backyard (approx 10 minutes), getting the machine up and running (took but nothing) and then S. intervening to pull it around the yard since I was pretty useless (approx 15 minutes -- after all that).
Anyway, we churned up quite a bit of yard, then I added some compost, and raked in an attempt to make it "level".
The churned up bits included some existing grass. Which seemed to settle back down and continue to grow. The other parts? Uh. It's looking pretty patchy. Blanketed with seed. And then with more seed. I made all the neighborhood birds very happy.

In sum, I think I did this wrong.

Let's just hope this works. Whatever. I'm not going to be one of those lawn people. It doesn't have to be perfect.
And yes, as you can see, I'm watering religiously.

No comments: