Monday, June 15, 2009

about to happen

Before I left town for the week, I took some pictures of stuff that was certain to happen once I was gone and the sun came out. Like the hydrangeas.

And the poppies, finally, in the front (these were from seed! Success from seed, at last!)

As for things in pots, the calla lillies are starting to actually look like calla lillies, and hopefully won't get drowned by the cosmos I co-planted just in case the callas decided not to work.
Speaking of bulbs, I'm pretty sure this guy is one of the bulbs that Lisa donated to the cause, and survived. He's really tall!
Finally I've figured out what's come up in the green planter -- last year's sweetpeas, and now they're blooming with the verbena.
And another perennial I had forgotten about that came up -- is this the "blood flower" (Asclepias...)?













1 comment:

Laura said...

Your plants look like they are thriving!!! I'm very impressed!