Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm not making this up, I swear

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but it's cute, so why not.

Sebastian's first word:  Thank you. 

Seriously. 

OK, kind of.  He says a lot of things, and most of the time we can't figure it out.  Mama, ok, that's pretty obvious.  Dada, but he also uses "dada" for anything fun, or that he wants.  He's mastered "uh oh" when something falls on the floor (or when he throws it there).  And then there's "Euh".  We don't know what that means.  Sometimes it's Daddy.  Sometimes maybe Enzo.  We're not sure.  He definitely means something when he says it, and I guess we'll find out eventually.

And then there's what we've been thinking was "atchoo".  Is he mimicking us sneezing (there have been a few colds passed around lately)? 

No.  It's "thank you".  How do I know?  Well, lately he's been handing us stuff.   Mostly he wants it right back, but generally I always say "thank you" when he hands me his gear toy, or bottle, or pacifier, or pea off his highchair tray, whatever.  And today when he handed me the CD case I said "thank you" and he promptly said "atchoo."  Steve didn't believe me, but then he did it again when Steve came home.  The syllables and intonation match right up. 

Grammie is going to be SO PROUD!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Grandma is proud, too. What a sweetie!

auntie liza said...

manners! how refreshing! he can stay with auntie anytime- that's a great story