Tuesday, September 25, 2007

... and here it is today.





And the garden as it is now, same view. Other than just the cleanup, you can see the two main beds. The one on the left I refer to as the "bionic bed." I went and took advantage of the city compost in spring '06 and dug it in. Everything that grows there gets huge. On the right, I had already planted stuff, so wasn't able to dig in the same way.


In the back, we cleaned up the brick raised patio area a bit. Steve hates it, mostly because it is uneven, and on the right bricks are missing and it is very sloped. We're eventually going to put a deck back there, at an angle.


One of the first things I did was dig out some of the concrete block on the left, under the tree. That was really hard work. Now it's what I refer to as the "shade plot." Not so successful. On the right, I created something of a raised bed, but haven't done anything with it yet.


Here's another view (if you click it gets big and you can see lots more detail):


Now I can start to talk about what I've planted!

No comments: