Wednesday, May 28, 2008

atrocity!

Just after talking about how happy the stoop made me coming home...

It was windy last night, but this wasn't wind. Enzo was barking, and we heard someone in the front yard -- the gate opening and closing. It was about 2:30 am, and we heard the sound of breaking glass (well, we thought it was glass). It wasn't. Someone tried to steal the orange planter, and dropped it on one of the others, and then Enzo was barking and so he got scared and left.

Steve's theory is that he thought it was pretty and wanted to take it home. Who could look their wife/girlfriend/mother in the eyes giving them a stolen plant? Sigh. I've cleaned up, but need to find Mr. Cleome and Mr. Dianthus a new home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I found your blog through a link in Brownstoner. If you are interested I have some pots you can have from our former roof deck. I appreciate what you have done and would be happy to pass them along (free) to someone who would put them to good use. They aren't anything special, a few teracotta and cement-ish w/ attached drainaige dishes. If you are interested email me at dollymibella at yahoo.com

Best,
G