Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things that are working!

Plants are coming up all over. And some things are working and some things are not.

I'm not a huge fan of the petunia, but the greenmarket guy talked me into trying this variety in order to try to have something grow out of our friend Amy, of Perch ceramics, a birdfeeder turned planter:










Also on the list of things that are working are the giant Iris, which bloomed today. Yes today.

And I'm optimistic about the way the stoop is shaping up. From bottom to top we've got the lantana, then some nemesia and some verbena, dianthus (is that what it's called?) with a cleome (spider plant, about to bloom!), and then up top nemesia, and alyssum and more verbena and some snaps. It's festively flowery and makes me happy when I come home.

No comments: