Friday, July 18, 2008

Sunflowers, part I

Back in April, I planted a whole packet of sunflower seeds. Maybe it was too early, maybe I mistook the seedlings for weeds, but in any case, only two of the initial planting survived, and they are now blooming. They're really tall. The one above goes above the chain link fence -- it's growing out of a cement block. I planted more seeds a while ago, and have tons of little sunflower plants now, figuring the same timeline, I guess they'll bloom late this summer.

This guy below just kills me -- it's growing out of a crack between the brick patio and the chain link in the back, by the ugly fence. Not quite as hardy, it's still doing a lot better than some of the seedlings that were planted in nice rich soil with plenty of space. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.