Monday, July 14, 2008

window progress

Because my not-so-anonymous sister (Hi Liza!) is always bugging me about house progress, now that I have some to report, I thought I better post some pics.


Our future bedroom was once a kitchen. The windows were bricked up to counter height, and the project of the moment is to restore them to their original size. Our buddy and contractor Steve Creighton (aka Whippet) helped out, since we don't know what we're doing here.


We had to take out the old brick. That was fun. I even got to swing the rubber mallet.
And Whippet and his guy Ray took care of the brick that was falling out, sagging, and generally making the space the right size. Steve built the framing thingy, and I tried my best to stay out of the way. The garden needed to be weeded anyway.
Ta Da!
There's still waterproofing and finishing to do, and obviously we've got a lot of cleanup to do. But holy cow, what a difference.
Here's the new view from the bedroom window. This is what I'm going to wake up to!

2 comments:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

Congrats on the changes. It will be lovely to look out on the garden from the bedroom.

Anonymous said...

hey that's great! thanks for thinking of me! it looks awesome!