Sunday, August 3, 2008

More of Maine

The first thought that went through my mind when I woke up and looked out the window was "you've got to be kidding me." We arrived as it was getting dark, and so my first view of the house was when I opened my eyes and looked out the window to this:

My boys, and that view.
We got to hang out with Cyrus.


Enzo city dog turned water pup. Fetching sticks. Wet dogs don't get to go into the house.











We went to nearby Blue Hill for a little hike, and got stuck in the blueberry fields. Al made pancakes with our booty. And pie.




Enzo found a favorite spot under one of the trees on the cliff. Dug himself a little nest, and this is where he hung out most of the time.


Sunset at high tide.

2 comments:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

We were on Mount Desert Island this past week. Funny. The weather we had depressed us a bit, until we heard about the heat and humidity that NYC was having. It looks like you had more temperate weather!

green light said...

Really? All of brooklyn in Maine! It was gorgeous Sunday-Wednesday, and then got foggy/rainy Thursday and Friday. But by then it felt cozy. We did get lucky -- in past years it's been all fog.