Monday, April 13, 2009

new bedroom -- and an extra perk

It's only been 4 1/2 years. 4 1/2 years of "temporary bedroom" as we renovated. No more. Our real bedroom is done, finally!




Ok, there are things missing -- like the wall sconces, which are still on order. But look. Paint! Baseboards! Wall plate covers! Fancy new bedding! The panelling is white oak, and the floors are white-stained oak too. The walls are "harbor haze".

Here's the view of Steve's side -- you can see the ginormous closet that Steve built. Someday it will have doors. I'm ok with that. We've got other things to do. Like decorate! I get to decorate!This is what I look at when I open my eyes in the morning. And have I mentioned how much quieter it is than the front of the house? There's some tidying to do back there. But you'll note -- still no daffodils. I know I planted daff bulbs. They must be that rare May-blooming variety (is there such thing?). But stuff is greening. By the time I get back from beantown hopefully there will be a flower or two to post -- the flowering quince looks on the verge.

And here's the "perk" of the weekend. We had a frenzy of activity trying to get things cleaned up, and thanks to Ray, the hallway is drywalled -- walls and ceiling! I'm almost happier about that than the great bedrom move. Not that there isn't tons of work to do and it's not still disgusting, but it is so much cleaner. So much brighter. And even though all the crap has just been moved into our old bedroom/baby's room, at least it's out of the way.

2 comments:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

Congratulations on a bedroom and drywall! You have a fantastic view from your bedroom. Any garden is good garden, I say.

Eliza said...

It looks amazing! However, I can't say I'm surprised- this is very exciting indeed.