Monday, August 31, 2009

at last! baby room.

These pics are not the best - camera is on its last legs, and it was a gloomy day out so I had to use the flash for some, and the ones that didn't have flash are kind of weird. But. It's done (minus a couple finishing details), and who knows how long it will stay in this nice pristine condition, so I better document it now just in case. Hopefully I'll take some better pics soon and can revise this post...

Here it is - the glider in situ, in the corner. Again, the amazing reupholstery job was thanks to the "Alchemy" feature on Etsy, and I found an awesome seamstress who did the work for me. That's me. Contracting out the tough stuff. At some point we'll get a real rug, but for now, the round bright dots work. We also need a wallplate cover for that outlet too. Single ones are hard to find!

Moving clockwise around the room, on the same wall is the crib, tucked into a perfect sized little corner. Another Etsy find there, the "knobby knees bugs"; over the crib is the Grasshopper and Ant. The Bee is by the glider.



We've got "tool" alphabet cards (thanks Auntie Tam and Uncle Jamie!) strung up around two walls. My favorite? I think it might just be "Y is for yellow glue". See the bright red/orange door. And the bright red Ikea dresser we inherited (thanks Iliana!). Another project: new knobs, to tie in the orange and red thing we've kind of got going.



More alphabet cards, and a cute little fishy mobile over the "changing table." A repurposed dresser from my Greenpoint apartment. New coat of paint and a changing pad on top, and voila.


Back around: windows! Window seat! Radiator covers! The curtains are sheer and match the door, except that they're a little short. That's one of those finishing details that I need to add (fun little hangy things, to be determined -- I've got a plan, and now that maternity leave has started, maybe the time, too).

3 comments:

Eliza said...

OMG it is so BEAUTIFUL! I love everything- I can't wait to see it in person. One thing is missing though, BABY!

Laura said...

It looks so bright and cheerful!!! You can't tell at all that it was gloomy outside. Now, come on baby!!!

Neila said...

I just love this well decorated baby room... Furniture, color scheme and bedding set all are fantastic...