Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crafty continued: project three

It would be much better for everyone if my nesting industriousness was translated into something the house needs, like a deep cleaning. But as Jeannine says, it doesn't work that way. And I'm not really convinced this is nesting industriousness, anyway. I think it falls more in the scheme of time-waster. So, what was Saturday and Sunday?

Project 3: there's all this leftover felt and stuff!

Back to the pennant/garland idea. When I embarked upon the curtain-lengthening project, there was a lot of felt left over. The original idea was to make a pennant/garland thing and attach it to bottom of the curtain, but somehow my math added up to one curtain worth of the ribbon and little felt beads. But plenty for another random garland thing.
Lots of design ideas. Triangles or half-circles. Should I put some kind of applique on again, like the circles? Should they be something more boy like? I experimented with cars, and rockets, and fishies, and even a lobster (since the applique part would be red). In the end, decided plain was best. Hung dangly felt beads from the bottom, and got to rediscover the blanket stitch to sew them on. I think it came out great, and complements Steve's shelfabet letter really well.

Yes. The kid's name will start with the letter S. You can think of him as Sparky until we reveal it for real. Don't bother guessing -- we will neither confirm nor deny. Here's another view of that corner.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

what a transformation... i love it! it'll be interesting to see it a month from now hee hee

Matjaz said...

Samo?

jamjar said...

Very cute.

jamjar20 elmtree's mom

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

Can I come live in your baby room?

So cute, without being mushy. Love it.

My guess: Shishmaref