Monday, May 25, 2009

it's an addiction

Saturday after failing to find maternity clothes that fit, even the ones that are ridiculously expensive, I comforted myself with a bit of a fix at Gowanus. And blew the maternity clothes budget there, I might add.

A new lavender to replace the one that didn't survive winter, gaillardia, knautia, geum, and some annuals for the last windowbox planter. Sigh. It did make me feel better though.

And sunday I planted the wee seedlings, that were starting to get a bit unhappy looking in their little flats. Nasturtium everywhere (it's going to be the amaranth of 2009, I believe). Cosmos where the hibiscus was, and back in the peony bed, sunflowers in the raised bed, and the hollyhocks and mexican sunflowers underneath the chives in the bed I'm trying to get going there.

Zinnias still haven't emerged in their little pots. I hope they're ok. It said 7-10 days, so I should give them time.

No comments: