Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sun, then rain, then flowers

It's happening. Strawberries sprouting, and lots of stuff ready to come up. Allium, starting to come up. (Matjaz took these photos. I couldn't do anything this great)Verbena, "Diablo", which the greenmarket guy swore had a trailing habit and will grow 'anywhere a petunia' will. Right now it just looks like I planted sideways. Oh wait, I did.
Bunny grass I think? That took ages to start to come up.
From the kitchen, that's me, cutting back the lavender in hope of finding signs of life. I didn't find any. I'm not giving up hope completely. Yet.Windowbox with last week's snapdragons. And some seeds sprouting already.
Bleeding hearts in full swing. I love that ours are white.
Cosmos sprouting too! New windowbox to try to make that cement wall a little less ... stark.
Finally, daffodils. Just in time, since the other ones shrivelled, and the squirrels beheaded the tulips. Damn squirrels.






1 comment:

Matjaz said...

It looks like squirrels don't like daffodils ;)